Buying the right tools for residential plumbing in Calgary is like shopping for the right clothes to wear when you need to go out. If you know how to do your plumbing correctly and efficiently, it is very important that you have the right tools to fix your piping system at home.
Hiring a plumber is always a good idea, but if you have the knowledge to get things done yourself, you need the right tools to effectively fix your broken pipes or leaking faucets. Here are some tools you can consider buying:
- Pipe cutters – If you are going to attempt to repair things yourself, it is always better to make sure that you have the right equipment to get started. Every homeowner and plumber must have this handy piece of equipment when making repairs in their home. This pocket-sized tool can cut through any kind of pipe very easily. They can be used in hard to reach spaces, which make it ideal to use when faced with fixing a pipe that is not within your reach. It is recommended that you purchase the most common type of pipe cutter to make sure that you do not make a mistake. You can also ask for recommendations from a plumber on what materials to use.
- Pipe wrench – A pipe wrench is a pretty common and can be found in any hardware store. All plumbers use this tool to fix pipes and tighten the bolts found under your sink or toilet. It is also recommended that you buy an adjustable pipe wrench to make sure that can adjust at ease. This tool is definitely one you can use any where in your household not just for plumbing.
- Pipe bender – Pipe benders come in handy when your pipe needs to be adjusted and the pressure starts to mold them into a different shape. The pipe bender will essentially help bend your pipes back in place. Depending on the situation, plumbers use these tools when the plumbing problem particularly involves low water pressure and toilet adjustment.
- Plunger – Plumbers are also a very common household tool used to unclog toilets and drains. This tool can be found in any DIY store or hardware store. This is primarily useful when you have a bad toilet clog, like too much toilet paper that is flushed down your toilet or something that is primarily big that someone and hard to get out. Plumbers use these if they cannot get to the problem and a plunger is needed to help them get that particular item. If after you have started using your plunger and the water from your toilet does not go down, this can be a cause for concern, because this could mean that the clog has found its way to your pipes and is causing the water to overflow.
- Hack saw – A hack saw is used to cut through pipes that are very stubborn and cannot be cut by a normal plumbing tool. These things can cut through anything, and plumbers use it to cut through bolts, nuts, or a screw. They come in handy when you need to adjust the positioning of your piping system.